For League Member Theatres!
The League of Chicago Theatres is now accepting applications for the 2023 Broadway in Chicago Emerging Theater Award. The grantee organization will receive $5000.
This award was created in 2007 to encourage, support, and promote young theatres in Chicago that have demonstrated great ability, promise, artistic excellence, and fiscal responsibility in business practices.
A nominating committee comprised of Chicago theatre professionals will review the applications and select the finalists. The eventual honoree will be selected from this group of finalists by a majority vote of League of Chicago Theatre’s members.
2023 Cycle Schedule
- Grant application process opens: Thursday, June 29, 2023.
- Grant application submission deadline: Thursday, August 10, 2023
- Group of finalists announced: Monday, August 28, 2023
- Last day to vote on finalists: Friday, September 8, 2023
- Award recipient will be notified in mid-September, 2023.
- Award recipient announced publicly at the League Gala: Tuesday, September 19, 2023.
- Applying company must be a member of the League of Chicago Theatres in good standing.
- Company cannot be a previous recipient of the Emerging Theatre Award.
- Company must have been in existence for at least 3 years and no more than 10 years.
- Company must have produced a minimum of 3 past productions.
- Company must demonstrate artistic excellence and fiscal responsibility in business practices.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org