Williams Street Repertory, McHenry County’s only professional theatre company, is excited to announce it is now accepting submissions for its 2019 – 2020 Reading Series (formerly LAB Series) at Raue Center For The Arts.
WSRep has chosen to rebrand the program following the recent changes in guidelines for new play developmental workshops set down by the Actors’ Equity Association. Actor, director and WSRep Ensemble Member, Michele Vazquez, will be at the helm of WSRep’s newly rebranded series as the program manager. Vazquez, who directed the world premiere of Deborah Yarchun’s “Bomber’s Moon” for WSRep last fall, is excited about the change.
WSRep’s Reading Series is dedicated to showcasing new scripts and fostering new talent while also sharing the artist’s perspective of the play on-the-page with the audience. The goal of the series is to offer the local community a free public forum which brings audiences and theatre artists together to share and discuss a wide range of exciting work. Each reading is followed by a talkback and discussion.
WSRep’s submission request is for new work and unproduced scripts only. If you are interested in submitting your script for consideration, please email the following materials to email@example.com
1. A personal statement or letter of introduction (Please include any specific questions you may have for your script that you would like addressed in the talk-back.)
2. Two digital copies of your script in PDF format (One copy that includes your name and one copy with your name omitted).
3. A brief biography (150 words or less).
4. A jpeg picture or headshot and resume (if available).
5. A simple list of any scheduling conflicts you may have already forecasted for 2019.
The deadline for submission is March 18, 2019. This is a blind submission process and there is no application fee. For more information on WSRep’s Reading Series, please visit wsrep.org/play-with-us.