The League of Chicago Theatres is now accepting applications for the 2019 Broadway In Chicago Emerging Theater Award. The recipient of the award receives $5,000, a consultation and marketing support package with advertising support.
The award was created in 2007 to encourage, support and promote young theatres in Chicago that have demonstrated great ability and promise, artistic excellence and fiscal responsibility in business practices. A nominating committee comprised of Chicago theatre administrators, artists, and educators reviews all the applications and selects the finalists. The honoree is selected from this group of finalists by a majority vote of member companies of the League of Chicago Theatres.
Previous award recipients include Broken Nose Theatre, Route 66 Theatre, Sideshow Theatre Company, Jackalope Theatre, Oracle Productions, 16th Street Theater, Theatre Seven of Chicago, The New Colony, Steep Theatre, the side project, Silk Road Rising, and The House Theatre of Chicago.
• Company must be a non-profit organization.
• Company must have been in existence at least 3 years and less than 10 years and produced a minimum of 3 productions.
• Company must be a member of the League of Chicago Theatres in good standing.
• Company must demonstrate artistic excellence and fiscal responsibility in business practices.
• Company cannot be a previous recipient of the Emerging Theater Award
**The deadline for receipt of proposals is 5 p.m. on Friday, March 8, 2019. All proposals must be in hand by that date.
Contact Ben with any questions about the application.