International Online Festival of Latino Theater
March 19-26, 2021
A new international stage for Latino talent to be showcased and for them to be able to entertain, move, and transform audiences through the powerful force of theater. It is also a new space for the public to reconnect; providing audiences the opportunity to be another member of the judging panel at the festival.
Applications are now open for the International Online Festival of Latino Theater. The event will take place from March 19-26, 2021.
● First Place $1,000 (USD)
● Second Place $600 (USD)
● Third Place $400 (USD)
● Must be a professional actor and/or director in the field of a theater of Latino and/or Hispanic descent. Can reside anywhere in the world.
● Plays with one or more characters.
● 40-70 minutes max.
● Preferably but not limited to plays written by Latino and/or Hispanic playwrights. (Must have rights to the text and music used in your production.)
● A translation of the text in English and/or Spanish must be provided were you to become a finalist.
● Finalists will perform their plays live on Zoom during the Festival.
● Theatricality and creative use of the Zoom platform are a must and will be considered in the final score.
DEADLINES and FESTIVAL SCHEDULE:
● Applications open November 1st, 12:00 PM (Chicago Time)
● Application window ends January 22, 2021 at 11:59 PM (Chicago Time)
● Selected applicants announced on February 15, 2021.
● Rehearsals will take place from February 22 through March 18, 2021.
● Festival performance dates from March 19-26, 2021 live through Zoom.
● Live award ceremony on March 27, 2021 at 2:00 PM (Chicago Time) through Zoom.
● Integrated by internationally renowned figures in the Latin Theater.
● Audience participation will be used and considered for winner selection.
● Water People Theater will announce a voting period after each performance.
For any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are to meet these requirements and deadlines in order for consideration into the festival.