Chicago Cultural Accessibility Consortium (CCAC) presents . . .
Leading Accessible Virtual Programs
Friday, April 10th, 2:00 PM-3:30 PM CST/ 3:00 PM-4:30 PM EST
FREE, REGISTRATION REQUIRED
How to Join the Workshop: Standard Registration through CCAC is required. Workshop will take place via Zoom Video Conferencing. A link to the Zoom session and workshop materials will be sent electronically to all registered attendees the morning of Friday, April 10th.
In the wake of COVID-19, online and virtual platforms have become the primary format for cultural institutions to lead engaging programs for their audiences as well as connect with colleagues to plan those events. This workshop will highlight the importance of integrating accessibility into virtual programs and provide you with the tools and strategies to be successful when you host your next staff meeting or public program. Participants can look forward to the following takeaways:
• Tools to create engaging accessible content including closed captioning, ASL interpreters, and more
• Tools to engage audiences who are blind or have low vision
• Strategies to manage dynamic presentations
• Tips on how to distribute recorded presentations
• Open captioning will be available
• For further accessibility information or to request additional accommodations, please contact us by email at info@ChicagoCulturalAccess.org or by calling Christena Gunther at 715-212-9140 at your earliest convenience.
While CCAC programs are free, the $5 suggested donation helps to cover programming costs to ensure CCAC’s mission is achievable and accessible to all. You may donate online anytime at chicagoculturalaccess.org/support. Donations to CCAC are tax deductible