Dear Performing Arts Community,
We have spent the last several weeks compiling and digesting the great feedback offered by this community at the recent Performing Arts Convening. A summary of your feedback can be accessed/downloaded here.
In response to what we heard, we also want to share information and resources related to DCASE programs, events, and services that connect back to the four main pillars that were identified as areas of interest that structured our discussions at the Convening:
1. Cultural grants program flyer that details eligibility and tentative 2023 program calendar
2. High level statistics that show increased impact and reach of the 2022 grant program
3. Professional development and capacity building opportunities with the ChicagoMade: Professional Development Series, including the recently announced ChicagoMade A&R Auditions
In addition, DCASE has identified the following priorities to focus on and engage the community in this next phase:
1. Direct marketing support for the performing arts field
2. Concrete changes to simplify the grant application process
3. More network/professional development resources for organizations and individual artists
4. Capital programs for culture
In a continued conversation, we invite you to join us for another convening where we will do a deeper dive into the marketing and audience development pillar and present the city marketing asset guide that is in development:
DCASE PERFORMING ARTS MARKETING AND AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT CONVENING
OCTOBER 26, 2022, 9-11am.