The League of Chicago Theatres is pleased to offer The PAV Fund to support Chicago’s performing arts venues. Funded entirely by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, this program offers a variety of resources to help theatre companies maintain their performance spaces, or find a new one.
The PAV Fund also provides grants for non-profit theatre companies which might otherwise lack the financial means to upgrade their facilities in order to be safe, accessible, and properly licensed (please see below for more info).
Send an introductory e-mail to Mark Kozy that briefly describes the need(s) related to your performance venue (or if you’re searching for a new space) to learn what resources might be available for you.
Our goal is to help provide for the safety and comfort of Chicago’s audiences and artists, and to help ensure a continuation of affordable performance spaces.
PAV Fund Grant Information
The PAV Fund offers grants to help performing arts organizations make modifications to their buildings for one or more of the following reasons:
1. Resolve a building code violation (cited or not)
2. Comply with PPA (Public Place of Amusement) license requirements
3. Provide accessibility for persons with disabilities
4. Improve quality of life for patrons, staff, and/or artists
5. Increase the capacity and health of the local theatre community
We encourage all interested organizations to begin the application process as soon as possible.
To be eligible, organizations must meet all of the following requirements:
1. Be a 501(c)(3) organization;
2. Have an annual operating budget of $3,000,000 or less;
3. If renting the facility, provide documentation that your landlord understands and supports your intention to make modifications to the building, and you have at least two years remaining on your current lease, or equivalent.
If you are interested in applying for a PAV Fund grant, please send an introductory e-mailthat briefly describes the issue(s) that need to be addressed.
We will ask you to complete an application after the initial consultation.