Contact Person: Kate Danziger
Job Posted On: 12/05/2018
Job Type : Part Time
Job Department : Audience Services
TITLE: Box Office/Front of House Associate
Manage the box office and supervise FOH volunteers and ushers for performances.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Checking in patrons as they arrive for the performance.
2. Selling available tickets prior to each performance.
3. Supervise volunteer ushers
4. Help set up tea and cookies during the first act
5. Send nightly FOH report to designated show/theater staff
1. Reports to Managing Director and Executive Director
2. Works directly with patrons.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1. Must be comfortable working with computerized ticketing system
2. Must be comfortable interacting with patrons
3. Previous experience working box office and/or front of house beneficial, but not required
4. Attention to details and organizational skills
HOURS WORKED AND LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT
1. This position is part-time and does not receive health insurance benefits; holiday pay or any paid time-off.
2. Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and 1-2 weekday afternoons per week.
3. Position will be available during the five week run of each production: Jan. 23 – Feb. 24, March 27 – April 28. Must be available for training prior to show run. Do not need to be available for both runs to apply; if only available for 1 run, please specify availability in your application.
4. Position could extend into part-time hours in the box office between productions.
5. Position could extend into part-time hours during the outdoor summer production.
Pleasant box office environment in a historic mansion.
$15 an hour
First Folio Theatre is an Equal Opportunity employer which values and encourages a diverse workforce.