We are excited to announce the return of the Broadway in Chicago Emerging Theatre Award.
This award was created in 2007 to encourage, support, and promote young theatres in Chicago that have demonstrated great ability, promise, artistic excellence, and fiscal responsibility in business practices.
The League of Chicago Theatres is now accepting applications for the 2023 Broadway in Chicago Emerging Theater Award. The recipient of the award will receive $5000.
A nominating committee comprised of Chicago theatre professionals will review the applications and select the finalists. The eventual honoree will be selected from this group of finalists by a majority vote of League of Chicago Theatre’s members.
On this page, you will find important information about the schedule and criteria for applying. At the bottom of this page, you will find a link to the application form.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please email our Director of Programs, Jamie Abelson, email@example.com.
Thank you for all of your hard work and to Broadway in Chicago for supporting this amazing opportunity for our members.
2023 Cycle Schedule
- Grant application process opens: Thursday, June 29, 2023.
- Grant application submission deadline: Thursday, August 10, 2023
- Group of finalists announced: Thursday, September 7, 2023.
- Award recipient will be notified in mid-September, 2023.
- Award recipient announced publicly at the League Gala: Tuesday, September 19, 2023.
- Applying company must be a member of the League of Chicago Theatres in good standing.
- Company cannot be a previous recipient of the Emerging Theatre Award.
- Company must have been in existence for at least 3 years and no more than 10 years.
- Company must have produced a minimum of 3 past productions.
- Company must demonstrate artistic excellence and fiscal responsibility in business practices.
|Download the Full Application Here|